US Visa Extensions & Renewal
Many visa types have the option for being extended for additional time. Listed below is a brief list of a few of the classifications that can be extended for a longer stay in the United States.
- B2 Tourist Visa - This visa needs to be extended if you intend to stay for more than 90 days. If your country is listed under the visa waiver program and you wish to stay past the 90 day deadline it is suggested you apply for a visa.
- H1 Work Visa - This visa may be extended for up to a total of six years.
- J1 Exchange Visa - Visa extension is available depending on the length and type of your training.
- F1 Student Visa - Can be extended for the duration of your education.
- TN NAFTA Work Visa - Visa extension usually dependent upon your status with your employer.
Other visa types may also be available for extensions which usually rely on the individual case.
Visas with NO Extensions
- K1 Fiancee Visa - The fiance visa can not be extended past its 90 day expiration date during normal circumstances.